Investing.com - Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Friday:
• Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL) was down 3.25% at 8:18 AM ET (13:18 GMT), despite beating expectations on the top and bottom lines. It said profit and sales would fall in 2019.
• Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) shares sank 6.2%. The chipmaker reported revenue and guidance after the bell Thursday that fell short of Wall Street estimates after its big data center customers scaled back purchases.
• Data storage company Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) jumped 9.2%. On its earnings call postmarket Thursday it said it expects revenue to grow again in the second half of the year.
• Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) stock gained 3.2% following its earnings report late Thursday that topped forecasts for earnings, sales and comparable sales growth.
• Cloud-connected medical device company ResMed (NYSE:RMD) plunged 15% as a shortfall in quarterly revenue overshadowed better-than-expected profit. ResMed also suspended its share repurchase program.
• Swedish telecom Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) gained 4.2% as revenue topped consensus estimates and gross margin improved.
• Pacific Gas & Electric (NYSE:PCG) fell 10.8%, but that’s not surprising given its rally of nearly 75% after it was exonerated in the 2017 Tubbs fire in California.
• Biotech AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) shed 2.4% on its quarterly results. Earnings and revenues came in below forecasts.
• E-Trade Financial (NASDAQ:ETFC) slumped 4.5% after its quarterly revenue came in light after the bell Thursday.