Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Thursday:
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock fell 1.09% by 8:15 AM ET (13:15 GMT) as Reuters reported that the company will begin assembling its top-end iPhones in India through the local unit of Foxconn as early as 2019.
• JP Morgan Chase (NYSE:JPM) stock lost 1.51% after the company agreed to pay $135 million to settle claims that it improperly handled transactions of American Depositary Receipts.
• Visa (NYSE:V) stock fell 0.94% after the company said it would acquire British payments firm Earthport for approximately $250 million.
• Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) stock fell 6.04% as the company said that it had exercised its option to acquire the remaining shares of Millipede after the successful completion of a first-in-human clinical study.
• Energous (NASDAQ:WATT) stock skyrocketed 27.07% as the company announced the first customer product approval from the FCC.