Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Wednesday:
• Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock traded up 2.05% by 8:03 AM ET (13:03 GMT) as the company said it logged a record-breaking holiday season with more items ordered worldwide than ever before. “The best-selling Amazon Devices this holiday included all-new Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote, and Echo,” the company said in a press release.
• Target (NYSE:TGT) stock rose 1.22% and Walmart (NYSE:WMT) stock gained 0.68% as data from Mastercard (NYSE:MA) SpendingPulse showed that retail sales grew 5.1% during the holidays, its best performance in six years.
• Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) stock rose 0.71% amid news that Israel will give the company a 700 million shekel ($185 million) grant for a planned $5 billion expansion of its production operations in the country.
• Jd.Com (NASDAQ:JD) stock jumped 3.14% after the company announced a $1 billion share repurchase program.
• Capricor Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CAPR) stock fell 1.98% after the company halted a clinical trial for its drug to treat Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
• Kala Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:KALA) stock could see movement in the regular session after the company announced that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration accepted its new drug application for dry eye disease for review.