Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Tuesday:
• Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL) stock gained 1.27% by 8:10 AM ET (13:10 GMT) as Google’s chief executive officer Sundar Pichai prepared to testify Tuesday at a hearing before the congressional House Judiciary Committee, called “Transparency & Accountability: Examining Google and its Data Collection, Use and Filtering Practices.” Separately, Google was fined 500,000 rubles ($7,530) by Russia for not complying with the removal of certain entries from its search results, according to TASS news agency.
• Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) stock rose 1.02% amid news that Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said the bank will not be allowed to grow until it fixes management policies to prevent any further abuse of its customers, according to a letter cited by Reuters.
• Ford Motor (NYSE:F) stock, General Motors (NYSE:GM) stock and Fiat Chrysler (NYSE:FCAU) stock gained 2.46%, 2.70% and 1.96%, respectively, after Bloomberg reported that China is considering cutting its tariffs on U.S. vehicles.
• Stitch Fix (NASDAQ:SFIX) stock plunged 17.44% as the company reported user growth that missed analysts’ expectations.
• Entera Bio (NASDAQ:ENTX) stock skyrocketed 27.50% after the company announced a strategic research collaboration with Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) to focus on inflammatory disease and other serious illnesses.
• Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ:ASNA) stock may see upside in the regular session as the company’s fiscal first-quarter revenue, profit and comparable sales topped consensus.
• Caseys General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY) stock could see downside in the regular session as the company’s quarterly sales of fuel fell more than expected and its forecast for same-store gallons sold for its fiscal third quarter missed expectations.