Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Wednesday:
• Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL) stock lost 1.98% by 8:12 AM ET (13:12 GMT) despite news that company’s Google unit won regulatory approval for a radar-based motion sensing device known as Project Soli.
• Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) stock fell 2.43% amid reports that the company received approval to open a global data center in Qatar.
• Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) stock traded down 2.86% after the company was reported to pull a comedy show episode in Saudi Arabia after government officials complained. Separately, Reuters reported that the company would announce in the coming days that it had poached Spencer Neumann from Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) to be its new chief financial officer.
• Hertz Global (NYSE:HTZ) stock dropped 1.39% after the company agreed to pay a $16 million fine to settle a claim that it had misstated pretax income due to accounting errors.
• Prana Biotechnology (NASDAQ:PRAN) skyrocketed 67.97% after the company announced that it had entered a securities purchase agreement in which it would receive approximated $31 million as an investment from Life Biosciences.
• Iron Mountain (NYSE:IRM) stock could see movement in the regular session after the company announced the acquisition of Lane Archive Technologies in the Philippines.